So, I already confessed that my lack of setting weekly goals last year affected my goals overall. As in, I didn’t accomplish hardly any of them and even truly forgot about most of them that I had set as a result of I wasn’t reviewing them weekly. Oops!
In 2022, along with committing to going again to setting weekly objectives once more, I’m solely setting 7 objectives for this yr to maintain it easy — particularly since I’m pregnant and due in June, we’re very hopeful our adoption of Child D is occurring this yr, and I’m ending up my subsequent guide draft.
Listed here are my objectives for 2022:
1. Undergo 5 She Reads Truth research for the yr. (I’ve been loving going by means of these research once more this previous yr, however I spotted that it’s higher for me to undergo way more slowly than what they designate the tempo needs to be. I normally take 2-4 days on every day and that’s labored out nicely for me in order that I’m actually soaking the verses and studying from the passages.)
2. End at the least 4 books a month. (Final yr, I set the audacious purpose of studying three books per week. I ended up falling very wanting that. So this yr, I made a decision to set a way more life like purpose. I hope to exceed this purpose by loads, however we’ll see! And if you happen to missed it, I’m setting monthly goals instead of yearly goals for reading — and I’m actually enthusiastic about this strategy!)
3. Full at the least 1 craft monthly. (I plan to make use of among the craft kits that I’ve gotten from Annie’s Creative Girls’ Club and Annie’s Creative Woman Craft Club. Since so lots of you bought the incredible offers I posted from them, they signed me up for each subscriptions as a thanks! Whereas crafting just isn’t one thing I’m actually gifted at, I discover that it’s stress-free for me and one thing that challenges artistic components of my mind that I don’t use fairly often!)
4. Have a month-to-month date with every of the three older youngsters. (I’m planning on having the children assist me resolve what they’d love to do every month. I really like hanging out with my youngsters and I cherish our time collectively much more as they become older.)
5. Learn 10 chapter books aloud to Kierstyn and Child D. (I’ve been studying a Bible story from The Jesus Storybook Bible and a chapter from a read-aloud guide every afternoon earlier than their naps. Whereas they’re little and far of it’s over their heads, I really like to determine this behavior when my youngsters are tiny in order that it turns into an vital a part of their household tradition for probably the most youth of their life. Plus, it’s enjoyable for me!)
6. Have a month-to-month date with Jesse. (Whereas we hope to often get an precise date evening out, with a number of little youngsters, we wish to be life like… so we plan to at the least do one Date Night in a Box kit at home every month — even when we will’t get out for an actual date each month).
7. End my subsequent guide draft. (The primary draft is because of my writer mid-February. Then, we’ll be going by means of a number of rounds of edits earlier than it goes to the printers. It’s slated to launch in spring 2023!)
Did you set objectives for 2022? If that’s the case, I’d love to listen to what your objectives are! Share them within the feedback!